The Total Bundle is a set of all FabFilter plug-ins. With this bundle, you get our professional EQ, reverb, compressor, multiband dynamics, limiter, de-esser and gate/expander, creative multiband distortion, delay, filter and synthesizer plug-ins.
FabFilter Pro-L 2, a major update to the Pro-L limiter plug-in, is now available.
With four brand-new limiting algorithms, a new true peak limiting mode, extensive standards-compliant loudness metering, surround support and many other new features, Pro-L 2 has been improved in every way while still remaining the benchmark of simplicity and effectiveness in limiters, say FabFilter.
New limiting algorithms
FabFilter Pro-L 2 introduces four new limiting algorithms. Modern is the new ‘best for all’ algorithm that produces even better results than the Transparent and Allround algorithms from version 1. Aggressive is great for maximum loudness, well suited for EDM or rock music. Bus has been designed specifically for drums and limiting of individual tracks, while Safe’s goal is not maximum loudness, but to avoid distortion at all times.
True peak limiting and loudness metering
The new true peak limiting feature in FabFilter Pro-L 2 makes it extremely easy to hit a maximum true peak target. Just set the output level to the desired value, enable True Peak Limiting and that’s it. Combined with improved true peak metering and extensive loudness metering that’s compliant with the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4 and ATSC A/85 standards, Pro-L 2 is the perfect fit for any loudness normalization job.
Complete support for surround audio with flexible channel linking makes FabFilter Pro-L 2 much more versatile in multi-channel scenarios, while the sound quality is even higher than before with up to 32x linear-phase oversampling. New features like a DC offset filter, external side chain triggering for stem mastering and a Unity Gain option ensure that Pro-L 2 is the solution to any mastering challenge.
The unique real-time level display is now even more effective with new innovative display modes, including an Infinite mode that shows all audio for an entire session. Moments of significant gain reduction are highlighted with peak labels to give additional insight in the limiting process. Last but not least, the interface has been carefully redesigned to be aesthetically pleasing with a perfectly optimized workflow.
► Key features:
- Great transparent sound combined with maximum loudness.
- Eight sophisticated, carefully tuned limiting algorithms, all with their own character and purpose.
- True peak limiting.
- Up to 32x linear-phase oversampling to minimize aliasing and inter-sample peaks.
- Low CPU usage.
- Highly accurate output and gain reduction metering including true peak metering.
- Extensive loudness metering with support for the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4 and ATSC A/85 standards.
- Various meter scale settings, including K-System support.
- Surround support including Dolby Atmos 7.0.2 and 7.1.2 formats with flexible surround channel linking.
- Unique, highly informative real-time level display, showing input, output, gain change and loudness levels over time with key gain reduction readings and four different display modes.
- Optional DC offset filter.
- External side chain triggering for stem mastering.
- Unity Gain option to easily listen to the effect of the current limiting at unity gain level.
- Audition Limiting option to listen to the difference between the input and output signal.
- Adjustable Look-ahead, Attack and Release settings to fine-tune the sound of the algorithms.
- Separate, freely adjustable channel linking for both the transient and release stages.
- Professional dithering with three different noise shaping algorithms.
- Easy to set up for common limiting situations with the included factory presets.
- Adapts automatically to stereo, mono and surround channel layouts.
- Full Screen mode for precise adjustments and insightful metering.
- Multiple interface sizes: Small, Medium, and Large, as well as a separate Compact mode.
- Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows.
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration.
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces.