Description: A legendary grand piano – now a virtual instrument!
Galaxy Instruments released Galaxy Vintage D, a virtual grand piano that is based on samples of Bauer Studios’ famous 1920 concert grand, which has served for legendary recordings. This exceptional grand piano was built in 1920 in a German factory in Hamburg. Over the last almost 100 years it has achieved a deep and intimate character and a beautiful, singing tone.
Some of the best pianists recorded legendary albums on this instrument, among them Keith Jarrett, Chick Corea, Carla Bley, Guillermo and Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Abdullah Ibrahim, Wolfgang Dauner, John Taylor and many others. Richie Beirach called it ‘the best piano in the world’.
“Legends” like Neumann U47 and KM53 Mikrophones, old Siemens Tube-Preamps or the Neve Console at the Bauer Studios were used to capture the individual, warm sounding expression of this exceptional instrument.
Galaxy Instruments has now released this legendary piano as a virtual instrument.
Galaxy Vintage D is equipped with the new Kontakt engine offering more features, better performance, lossless sample compression and an all new user interface, designed specially for Galaxy Pianos.
Facts & Features
– Based on samples of Bauer Studios’ 1920 concert grand, featured in legendary recordings
– 13 modeled velocity zones for a wide and smooth dynamic range
– Chromatic mapping
– Over 2000 samples in 24Bit, 10GB (5GB with sample compression)
– Chromatic and multiple velocity resonance and release samples
– Multi-velocity pedal, damper, hammer and string noises
– Real una corda samples
– Real overtones
– Powered by Kontakt Player engine
– New direct access user interface
– Lossless sample compression for better disk streaming
– True half pedaling when using a continuous sustain pedal
– True repedaling and sostenuto
– Adjustable pedal, hammer, damper and string noises
– Pedal and damper noises dynamically playable with a continuous sustain pedal
– Adjustable lid positiion
– One-knob control of tone colour and dynamics
– Intelligent EQ for warmth, punch and brilliance
– Sympathetic string resonance with real overtones
– Flexible and easy-to-use velocity editor
– Convolution reverb with many different types of rooms, concert halls and ambience
– Adjustable stereo width and position
– Specially designed compressor for pop piano sounds
– Pad Machine
Minimum required Kontakt Player or FULL Kontakt version 5.8.0 and higher!
All files of version 1.5 were created by the developer in April 2020.
Don’t ask for an “update only” package/patch – it doesn’t exist!