MORiA | Sep, 10 | AU | VST3 | 89.5MB
P11 Abyss is a chameleon audio compressor that can go ultra clean competing against the cleanest of mastering compressors or super dirty to compete against the best of the color compressors.
Modern producers, engineers and artists should not be constrained by the need to understand different characteristics offered by the multitude of physical compressor topologies. They should not need to project and translate that information into selecting the right tool for the right purpose. One would choose VCA when seeking deep, aggressive punch; Opto for clean, open, smooth action; Vari Mu for flowing, rhythmic pulsing.
Abyss casts physically imposed rules and constraints completely aside, allowing it to masterfully exhibit any characteristic that is desired. Aggressive, punchy, smooth, open, breathy, dense, clean, dirty… it’s all here at your fingertips. Abyss fulfills the dream of having a direct connection with the audio without being mired in technicalities.
Dive in and experience the infinite colors, hues and characters Abyss beautifully draws out of your audio. It is very much designed to be equally at home on individual tracks and instruments, group buses, returns and main buses. It is designed to fulfill all mixing, stem and stereo mastering needs.
• Organic hardware-like feel & behavior.
• Covers the sound of all compressor topologies.
• Unique audio circuit designs: SOUL, PSI and O2.
• Less than 1% cpu usage and zero sample latency!
• All parameters are exposed to your DAW for automation.
• Clipper routing and Brickwall limiter.
• AU, AAX and VST3 formats. LV2 coming soon.
Version 2.0.2 Sept. 8, 2023
• Updated internal engine for higher fidelity utilizing techniques from P440.
• LINK now allows not only On or OFF but % of linking of the two channels.
• Groove: Musical behavior added to P11. You can control Attack and Release behavior from the Help drop down menu.
• Bright, Gray & Dark Modes with dark Preset Page background.
• Key Modifiers to bypass O2 and Side Chain. Use Cmd-Opt on OSX and Ctrl-Alt on Windows.
• Balance T. Input and T. Output against Main Out with Key Modifier SHIFT.
• Small bug fixes.
• v2 User guides in many languages.